This September 12, 2017, the documentary everyone is talking about, Citizen Jane: Battle for the City will be released on home entertainment platforms.
More information from MPI Home Video:
Citizen Jane is a timely tale of what can happen when engaged citizens fight the power for the sake of a better world. Arguably no one did more to shape our understanding of the modern American city than Jane Jacobs, the visionary activist and writer who fought to preserve urban communities in the face of destructive development projects. Director Matt Tyranuer (Valentino: The Last Emperor) vividly brings to life Jacobs’ 1960s showdown with ruthless construction kingpin Robert Moses over his plan to raze lower Manhattan to make way for a highway, a dramatic struggle over the very soul of the neighborhood.
Key Marketing Points:
- IFC theatrical release – over $300k box office
- Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh - 93% positive reviews
- Official Selection – Toronto International Film Festival
- Official Selection – Doc NYC opening film
- Will appeal to audiences interested in American big city development and architectural history
- Voice of Jane Jacobs by Marisa Tomei (Spider-Man: Homecoming) and voice of Robert Moses by Vincent D’Onofrio (Law & Order: Criminal Intent)
“A fascinating documentary captures the showdown, half a century ago, between the activist Jane Jacobs and the Trumpian urban planner Robert Moses: a fight for the future of New York.” - Variety
"It's a story that needs periodic retelling, and Mr. Tyrnauer has heightened the human drama by focusing on Jacobs, an improbable David to Moses's Goliath." - Wall Street Journal
"Most good documentaries are powered by conflict, and you couldn't ask for a struggle more elemental or relevant to our time than the one chronicled in Citizen Jane: Battle for the City." - Chicago Reader
Source: MPI Home Video